Concerns we see clients for
- Anxiety and Panic
- Self Harm
- Suicide Ideation
- Marriage and PreMarital Counseling
- Self Esteem
- Eating Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- many others, just ask
Mindfulness – which is a state of active, open attention on the present moment. When you are mindful, you observe your thoughts and feelings from a distance, without judgement. Instead of letting life pass you by, mindfulness means living in the moment and awakening to experience.
Meditation – which refers to techniques designed to promote relaxation, build internal energy, and develop compassion, love, patience, generosity and forgiveness.
Teen Issues: For the teen or for the parent
- School stress – Friends drama – Peer pressure – Sexting – Sexual issues – Shoplifting
- For the adult:
- How does this affect my child?
- Why is my child mad at me?
- Why doesn’t he/she get along with her new siblings?
- For the child:
- I don’t like my new parent
- Can I still love my other parent
- I had to move away from my friends
- How to live in two households
- Grief and Loss, including loss of a pet – Parenting your parents – Enabling – Loneliness – Childhood trauma
- New baby – Empty Nest – Retirement – Aging – Taking care of your parents
I highly recommend parenting with Love and Logic by Foster Cline and Jim Fay. For more information… click here
- Preserve and enhance the child’s self-concept.
- Teach children how to own and solve the problems they create.
- Share the control and decision-making.
- Combine consequences with high levels of empathy and warmth.
- Build the adult-child relationship.